1. Thomas Bangalter wears the edgy helmet with corners, while Guy-Manuel De Homem-Christo (known as ‘Guy-Man’) wears the smoother one.
2. Thomas and Guy-Man met at school when they were both 12 years old.
3. Daft Punk’s first release name was Darlin’ and it came out on Stereolab’s Duophonic Records
4. Daft Punk created an animated film ‘Interstella 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem’ in the year 2003 to accompany their album ‘Discovery’. Some film montages were used as music videos for tracks from the album.
5. Daft Punk once appeared in a Gap TV Commercial soundtracked by ‘Digital Love’.
6. Daft Punk also appeared in an Adidas advert with David Beckham and Snoop Dogg, set in the Mos Eisley cantina from Star Wars.
7. Daft Punk denied WILL.I.AM to release sample remixes of the “Around the World” melody.
8. Daft Punk self-funded the recording of the “Random Access Memories” album.
9. Year 1998, ‘Music Sounds Better With You’ became a worldwide hit – a side project of Thomas Bangalter, Stardust.
10. Daft Punk made a surprise appearance at the Grammys in 2008 with Kanye West. They performed “Stronger”, making it their first televised performance.
11. Hedi Slimane of Saint Laurent is the designer of Daft Punk’s current wardrobe.