2016 is here! But before that, let’s take a look at some of the most famous lines and hash tags of 2015 that kept you scrolling down your feed. There were hundreds of ’em but these made the cut.
1. “Aldub You!”
– is a popular line from the famous love team, Alden Richards and Yaya Dub (Maine Mendoza). The AlDub is the most tweeted and searched term in Google in 2015. The charismatic fictional super couple made huge rounds on almost all social media sites and is now considered a major part of every Filipino’s midday meal.
2. “Negosyo o Kalayaan? Bayan o sarili? Pumili ka!”
– according to an online poll is the most striking hugot line from the historical epic movie, Heneral Luna.
– became the most viral hash tag of the same-sex marriage ruling. Netizens started tweeting and posting pictures with rainbow filters after the U.S. Supreme Court legalized gay marriage – and it’s a victory for many!
4. “Hindi ko kailangan ng tissue. I don’t need tissue! Please stop judging me!”
– this is what Anthony (JM de Guzman) gets for trying to help Mace Castillo (Angelica Panganiban) by asking the flight attendant to hand her a pack of tissues. Where do broken hearts go? Sagada!
ISIS left the world in shock after gunfire attacks in Paris, France. Netizens empathized by posting #PrayForParis, Eiffel Tower peace signs, and French flag filters on Facebook.
6. “Walang makakapigil sa amin!”
Pabebe Girls made netizens and a number of local celebs go wild with their “Walang makakapigil sa amin!” line. Instant celebrities! Thanks to Señora.
7. “Miley, what’s good?”
“And now… back to this b*tch that had a lot to say about me in the press. Miley, what’s good?” refers to Nicki Minaj’s reply at the VMAs to Miley Cyrus’ insults towards her music achievements.
8. ‘Bullsh*t ka boy! F*ck you!’
‘Bullsh*t ka boy! F*ck you!’ is one of the most notable badass quotes of Mayor Rodrigo Duterte. This was for his political nemesis, Davao City Congressman Prospero Nograles.
Netizens bullied Mayweather after sending off hugs and dance moves instead of blows and punches in the MayPac fight.
10. “Achieve! Ikaw na. Juskolord! Push!” #OTWOL
The OTWOL Fever
Leah: Anong mga favorite kong expression?
Clark: (with matching cute facial expressions) Achieve! Ikaw na. Juskolord! Push!
Hugot Alert: #EdsaKaBa?
Because it’s taking time to move on.
Coz we’re made for EDSAther!
Ang dami na kasing dumaan sayo. </3
Prime Minister Trudeau and President Nieto set Facebook and Twitter on fire upon their arrival on the APEC Summit 2015.
13.”You, and only you, are my ‘what is’.”
Popoy to Basha: “It’s brave to ask ‘what if’, but it’s braver to embrace ‘what is’. You, and only you, are my ‘what is’.” Felt all the feels? A Second Chance was the film to see.
14. “Dasal lang talaga”
– is an infamous line from Alma Moreno. Surprisingly, this has helped her land on the top 20 senatorial bets of Pulse Asia Survey. Na-Alma Moreno ka na ba?
15. “Confidently Beautiful with a Heart”
Enough Said. When the Ms. Universe Top 5 contestants were asked on why they deserve the crown. Our very Pia Wurtzbach answered an outstanding statement and this was a part of it. Yes. She got the crown.