We the Pvblic understands the trust and confidence placed by both employees and clients to properly handle information. We maintain information accurately, protected against manipulation and errors, secure from theft and free from unwarranted disclosure. We protect the data security of our clients, employees, and viewers by complying with Republic Act 10173, also known as the data Privacy Act of 2012, and all relevant local laws, and ensure compliance by our staff with strict standards and confidentiality.
This statement provides you with enough overviews as to why your personal data is collected, how it is intended to be used, how to access, review, and amend your personal information. If you object to any practices and policies in this statement, please notify us in writing, otherwise, we take that you understand the reasonable grounds we are taking to ascertain how your information is handled in accordance with Data Privacy Act of 2012.
When using our website or social media platforms, we may access and collect information you have chosen to make available and to include in your social media profile or account, including but not limited to the following:
- E-mail address
Our access to this information may be limited or blocked based on your privacy settings with the relevant social media provider.
Why We Collect Your Personal Data and How It May Be Used
Personal data is collected, including but not limited to the following purposes:
- Contests, marketing, and other promotions;
- Third party social networks;
- Send periodic e-mails; and
- Follow-up with you after correspondence.
Rights of the Data Subject
The Data Privacy Act of 2012 provides that Data Subjects shall have the following rights in connection with the processing of the personal data:
- Be informed whether personal information pertaining to him or her shall be, are being or have been processed;
- Reasonable access to, upon demand, the following:
- Contents of his or her personal information that were processed;
- Sources from which personal information were obtained;
- Names and addresses of recipients of the personal information;
- Manner by which such data were processed;
- Reasons for the disclosure of the personal information to recipients;
- Dispute the inaccuracy or error in the personal information and have the personal information controller correct it immediately and accordingly, unless the request is vexatious or otherwise unreasonable. If the personal information have been corrected, the personal information controller shall ensure the accessibility of both the new and the retracted information and the simultaneous receipt of the new and the retracted information by recipients thereof: Provided, That the third parties who have previously received such processed personal information shall he informed of its inaccuracy and its rectification upon reasonable request of the data subject;
- Suspend, withdraw or order the blocking, removal or destruction of his or her personal information from the personal information controller’s filing system upon discovery and substantial proof that the personal information is incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained, used for unauthorized purposes or are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected. In this case, the personal information controller may notify third parties who have previously received such processed personal information; and
- Be indemnified for any damages sustained due to such inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of personal information.
We the Pvblic are required to strictly respect and obey the rights of the Data Subjects.
Disclosure, Storage and/or Transfer of your Personal Data
We use appropriate measures to keep your Personal Data confidential and secure.
- People who can access your Personal Data – Your Personal Data will be processed by our authorized staff or agents, on a need to know basis, depending on the specific purposes for which your Personal Data have been collected.
- Measures taken in operating environments – We store your Personal Data in operating environments that use reasonable security measures to prevent unauthorized access. We follow reasonable standards to protect Personal Data. The transmission of information via the Internet is, unfortunately, not completely secure and although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of the data during transmission through our Websites/apps.
- Measures We expect you to take – It is important that you also play a role in keeping your Personal Data safe and secure. When signing up for an online account, please be sure to choose an account password that would be difficult for others to guess and never reveal your password to anyone else. You are responsible for keeping this password confidential and for any use of your account. If you use a shared or public computer, never choose to have your login ID/email address or password remembered and make sure to log out of your account every time you leave the computer. You should also make use of any privacy settings or controls we provide you in our website/app.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personal Information unless we provide users with advance notice and prior consent. This does not include website hosting and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law and other lawful orders to enforce our site policies, or to protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personal information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Transmissibility of Rights of the Data Subject
The lawful heirs and assigns of the data subject may invoke the rights of the data subject for, which he or she is an heir or assignee at any time after the death of the Data Subject or when the Data Subject is incapacitated or incapable of exercising the rights as enumerated in the immediately preceding paragraph.
Right to Data Portability
The Data Subject shall have the right, where personal information is processed by electronic means and in a structured and commonly used format, to obtain from the personal information controller copy of data undergoing processing in an electronic or structured format, which is commonly used and allows for further use by the Data Subject.
Retention of Personal Data
In accordance with applicable laws, we will use your Personal Data for as long as necessary to satisfy the purposes for which your Personal Data was collected or to comply with applicable legal requirements. Personal data used to provide you with a personalized experience will be kept for a duration permitted by applicable laws.
Changes to this Notice
Limitation of Liability
We the Pvblic shall not be held accountable to damages brought by false information or misrepresentation provided to it by the person, either to him or to third parties. If there shall be, the same shall be on the account of the person who provided the false information or misrepresentation.
*For Data Privacy concerns, you may contact We the Pvblic at (02) 372-7336 or you may e-mail us as [email protected] or may write us a letter and send to 4th Fl. A&A Bldg., #36 Scout Borromeo, South Triangle, Diliman, Quezon Cit