Getting a new TV but not sure where to start? Good news: we’re here to help and have already done a bunch of research for you (stopwatch included). Netflix has announced its 2018 recommendations for TVs that are faster and easier to use than ever.
Netflix surveyed its members because they know how important it is for people to buy a smart TV with the right price, picture quality, screen size, and ease of use.
While some of this is easy to research, it’s hard to know about things like device performance and ease of use. So, Netflix wanted to shine a light on these important aspects.
When you see the “Netflix Recommended TV” logo, it means that device has passed rigorous testing to ensure great performance and easy access to Netflix and other services. This means the TV:
- Starts up instantly and gets to Netflix (or other internet TV services) within just a few seconds.
- Allows users to move quickly and easily between apps
- Comes with the latest version of Netflix
- Can support newer, more immersive Netflix browsing experiences, like video previews
In order to receive the designation, the TV must meet 5 out of 7 criteria listed here.
What’s more, all of the models designated include a Netflix button on the remote control which means viewers can start watching instantly with the press of a single button. Magic. And Netflix’s stopwatches come in handy because we make sure you can power on your TV and start watching in just a matter of seconds.
Footage of 2018 Sony TV showing the time it takes to turn on and start watching
Here is the first wave of 2018 Netflix Recommended TVs:
- LG 4K UHD TVs with webOS 4.0
- Sony W800F / WF800 series Android TVs
Check out more here.