We’re about to throw some hands
Skinny legend Mariah Carey’s ‘All I Want For Christmas Is You‘ was recently voted as the most annoying holiday song of all time – and we can’t read suddenly, IDK.
Conducted by phone company Huawei, the blasphemous results were taken from a U.K. poll of the world’s most annoying holiday jingles. The song got the top spot just after Band Aid’s ‘Do They Know It’s Christmas?’ and Wizzard’s ‘I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday’.
- All I Want for Christmas is You – Mariah Carey
- Do They Know It’s Christmas? – Band Aid
- I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday – Wizzard
- Merry Xmas Everybody – Slade
- Last Christmas – Wham!
- Fairytale of New York – The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl
- Baby It’s Cold Outside – Tom Jones & Cerys Matthews
- Santa Claus is Coming to Town – Jackson 5
- Santa Baby – Eartha Kitt
- Jingle Bells – Andrews Sister
Though ‘All I Want For Christmas Is You‘ being blasted a million times during the holidays can be annoying, Mariah has still pretty much secured herself as the Christmas jingle queen – with Jose Mari Chan as king, of course.
Mariah has yet to respond to the results, as she’s prob too busy with the $500,000 royalties she annually earns from the song.
One more time, for the haters
Banner credit: hallmarkchannel.com