15-year old local band Kamikazee has come to a close, and it’s making rounds in social media even before the Dec. 10 final show. Prior their final show, they uploaded a video on their Facebook page last January 25, 2015 announcing that it will be the last year for their group. They don’t know when will be the next time that they will be together for their fans, they said in the video.
Nonetheless, let’s look at Kamikazee’s journey from the January 25 revelation up to their Huling Sayaw Final Show.
1. You know that this is about to get real when front man Jay Contreras started a countdown on his IG…
2. See Sara Abad, wife of Jay Contreras be supportive. Sweet!
3. Here’s friend Chito Miranda Jr. of Parokya ni Edgar get sentimental in an IG post:
Mamaya na ang final concert ng mga kapatid namin mula sa bandang Kamikazee. Napanood ko kung paano sila nabuo at nagsimula, at kung ano yung mga pinagdaanan nila bilang banda at magkakaibigan. Mamaya masusubaybayan ng buong mundo ang huli at ang pinaka-solid na set nila. Masaya yun sigurado! Sayang kasi hindi makakatugtog ang Parokya sa mismong concert dahil sa conflict with sponsors. Pero ayus lang kasi kasama naman kami sa after party nila sa @12monkeysph hehe! #HulingSayaw #Kamikazee
4. Next thing you know, he’s in front of you – naked!
5. And then the whole of them is here, staring at you:
6. You see them do this, and it’s crazy and emotional at the same time!
May dulo pala ang langit kayat sabay tayong bbitaw sa ating #hulingsayaw #kamikazee A photo posted by Billy Miguel Matunan (@b.miguels_3) on
7. If you haven’t been to the concert, here’s a video uploaded on Facebook by Spicy Lemon:
8. We will miss Kamikazee, yeah? Long live OPM!!
Header image link here.