It’s difficult to write about an icon but it has to be done. Eddie Garcia has left an indelible mark in the industry and these are just a few things that some of us may not have known before:
- He was part of the Philippine Scouts during WWII and was given military honors during his wake.
- He has been in the Philippine film industry for 70 years.
- In an interview, he stated that his motto was, “What you could do today, you do it now, so you could do something else tomorrow.”
A legend, an inspiration – Eddie Garcia is the definition of a dedicated Filipino, passionate about his craft. In light of his passing, we are given the chance to look back on some of his most recent works in Philippine cinema through online and offline venues:
- Black Maria Cinema will be screening Rainbow’s Sunset and ML from June 28 to July 4.
- Cinema Centenario has also announced their screening dates and time slots for Rainbow’s Sunset and ML, which will be shown from June 29 to July 5.
- Meanwhile, Hintayan ng Langit can be streamed on Netflix.
A salute to Eddie Garcia – an inspiration to every Filipino, in the film industry and beyond.