It’s got some serious bops too
In case you needed some homegrown lo-fi bops for your online set-up, look no further than ‘bayanihan radio ~ filipino beats to relax/study to ☀️‘ on YouTube.
The initiative was uploaded by students from the UC Santa Cruz ‘Bayanihan‘ club, with the illustration created by Chantal Gee and video edit by Michael Sim.
‘Hello!! A bunch of people from my club Bayanihan collaborated to create a Filipino lofi radio to celebrate Filipino American History Month and the beginning of our 2020-2021 school year !! Hope y’all enjoy,’ Chantal wrote on the Facebook group Subtle Filipino Traits, where she originally shared the video.
The main artwork by Chantal features the iconic ‘lo-fi’ girl with a Filipino twist, complete with milk tea, a Jollibee plush toy, and the ear cuffs Catriona Grey wore during the Miss Universe pageant.
True to its roots, the 42-minute looping video features an all-Filipino song list ranging from APO Hiking Society’s old school hits to lo-fi renditions of lowkey PH artists.
Check out the song list below
- 00:00 luv.ly – mahal kita.
- 01:30 G’Ny – Everything Will Be Okay (feat. Liana)
- 03:41 APO Hiking Society – Batang Bata Ka Pa
- 07:42 Because – Puyat
- 10:57 Celeste Legaspi – Bolero Medley
- 14:58 Cinderella – Ikaw Ang Idol Ko
- 18:07 PK Sim – Seaside Kingdom
- 19:58 Rey Valera – Naaalala ka
- 23:44 VST & Co. – Swing
- 27:31 DC Sings – Filipino Thang
- 32:11 orange and lemons – hanggang kailan (reigh remix)
- 36:05 Ruby Ibarra – Always Be My Maybe
- 39:46 urbanation – Liminal Space
Enjoy the (local) bangers