#BalikAlindog: 8 Fitness tips this summer

Johnel Oliquino

A lot of people follow the bandwagon of fitness resolution by enrolling in an expensive gym membership with a 12-month lock-out, buying expensive work-out gears and clothes, and purchasing top-of-the-line supplements only to find themselves demotivated after a month of working out.

We can fix that.

The following 8 fitness tips will definitely keep you at bay with your resolution for a summer body that you want!

1. Set a realistic goal

For a lot of first-timers, fitness can be a difficult goal to achieve. Always set your expectations low but work really hard for it just the same. Just remember that it takes 21 days to develop a habit. Give yourself 21 days. Fitness is a lifestyle, not a fad.

2. Tag along with your besties at the gym

Working out can be painful and not fun. This should not be the case. Double the chance of your success by tagging along with your besties, beshiecakes, or your partner in crime at the gym and do the sessions together. There can be fun in working out!

3. Maintain a healthy and balanced diet

The time and effort you spend at the gym is only 30 percent of the equation. The remaining 70 percent? Yes, you got it right, it is from the food that you eat! As a starter, always remember the three MACROS crucial for fitness and health: Carbohydrates, Protein, and Fats. A little research on what food to eat can spell out huge success in your summer body goals.

4. High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)

Fitness experts highly recommend HIIT as effective way in scorching those extra fats you have piled up during the Christmas holiday. HIIT is beneficial for people who are always on the go and can only spend 30-45 minutes at the gym due to pressing work commitments.

5. Body weight training

This is probably the most convenient way to get fit. This exercise relies on your own body weight as it provides resistance against gravity. You can work-out your entire muscle group through different push-up variations, pull-ups, free squats, planks, etc. A little google can give you unlimited lists of what you can do in this kind of exercise. Fun part is? You can do this at the comfort of your home without the need for any machine or equipment.

6. Monitor your progress

I remember doing a body check on a weekly basis to monitor my progress. Aside from checking your body weight, you can also calculate your body fat percentage with a caliper or an online BF calculator.

7. Ask advice from a fitness coach

It can be frustrating not being able to use a gym equipment properly. A little help from the gym can spell out huge difference. Don’t get intimidated by Fitness Coach you see at the gym; it is their job to make your life easier.

8. Never give up

Somewhat cliche, but always helpful advice. Don’t give up so easily this time. Motivate yourself with your #BalikAlindog program and give it your all. Don’t half-ass your efforts at the gym because it’ll go to waste. Make it a routine and we guarantee you’ll get the results you’ve been waiting for.

Johnel Oliquino is an account executive of XS Multimedia and a fitness coach at Billy James Fitness Center.

Facebook Comments